Click to Enlarge.
1890 Wedding Picture = Daniel & Amanda Jane MOON LARUE.
Meanwhile, Daniel met Deliah "Della" E. (1879-1943) in Hebron, Nebraska. She was there caring for her sister, Belle, who had married one of Dan's cousins, Marion LaRue and had contracted TB (tuberculosis). They tied the knot on August 27, 1898 in Stockton, Rook Co., KS. Della was the daughter of James A. (1828-1903) and Hester Ann MORRIS BAILEY (1844-1925) of Stanberry, MO. Since Dan was a stonemason, they moved where there was work. Their first five children were born in a different location every two years. Eventually, when number six came along, they had reached Hill City, KS where they lived a number of years. In 1920, they relocated to Topeka, KS where Ernie was residing at the time.
Click to Enlarge.
Grandma Hester A. (MORRIS) BAILEY's Visit.
1st row: Grace Bailey, Edith & Maurine LaRue.
2nd row: Harold and Deliah LaRue, Electa Bailey, Grandma Bailey,
Josephina Bailey Macy,
3rd Row: Axie, Ray, Daniel, and Ralph LaRue.
LaRue Children not born yet: Pearl, Howard, Paul, Lily, Lynn, and Wanda.
Following a broken neck caused by a drunk driver in a head-on collision, Daniel died in Bell Memorial Hospital, Kansas City. Both he and Della rest in peace together in the Waverly, Kansas cemetery.
More to Read:
1. Ash Rock Church
2. (more books on Ash Rock Church -- Captain Osborn's Legacy by Patsy Redden; Ash Rock and the Stone Church by Leo E. Oliva; Woodston: The Story of a Kansas Country Town. By Leo E. Oliva)
3. See Paper Trail and LaRue documents and obituaries on this blog.
4. Findagrave Memorial for Daniel's father, Amos Tiffin Davis "AT" LaRue.
5. Morton County Kansas History Book. Morton County Historical Society, Elkhart, KS.
6. Phillips County Kansas Settlers Prior to 1900. Phillips County Historical Society, Phillipsburg, KS. 1977.
7. Grandma Hester Ann (MORRIS) BAILEY's Findagrave Memorial #68079871
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Daniel Lewis LaRue
Daniel Lewis LaRue (1867-1934) = Farmer. Stonemason. Born to Amos Tiffin Davis "AT" (1830-1900) and Sarah Ann STROUD LARUE (1831-1891), Sr. in Madison County, Indiana on August 22. He was their 7th child of eight and he moved to Burr Oak, Rooks Co., Kansas when he was seven with his parents. His siblings names were: Amos, Jr., Elizabeth, Mary, John William, Jacob, Joseph, and Sarah.
Daniel married twice and had a total of thirteen children. In 1890, he married Amanda Jane MOON (1870-1891), daughter of Jonathan D. (1846-1916) and Harriett WALL MOON. Amanda died the following year giving birth to Earnest Preston (1891-1972). Daniel, at 22, was unable to care for his newborn son and left the little tyke in his sister, Sarah's (1870-1952) care until he was nine. Four years later, Sarah married Amanda's brother, Linton Henry MOON (1871-1950), producing seven children.