Tuesday, January 1, 2019

From the Paper Trail

2020 = DISCOVERIES 
I've posted many of our discoveries in articles scattered throughout this blog and on Find-a-grave. Many of the "Documents of..." posts reflect these discoveries and my virtual cemeteries on Find-a-grave also contain some. 

My husband purchased a membership on Ancestry for our wedding anniversary a couple of years ago, so I've been busy filling in a family tree there and making new discoveries through the documents others have discovered for our mutual ancestors. 


* * * * * * * * * * 
2020 = CONTINUING MY GENEALOGICAL EDUCATION
I continue to pick brains and ask questions of others with more knowledge on a certain subject than I have. 
But I am also watching Ancestry's channel on YouTube, especially Krista Cowan's videos. If you subscribe to their channel, be sure to "ring" the bell and a notification will be sent to your email to alert you that a video has been uploaded to their channel. I often watch and pedal on my armchair stationary bike at the same time, so I get a two-fer in! 😄

* * * * * * * * * *
2020 = SERVICE
I love transcribing records for publication when someone gives me a chance. I also share my knowledge via my blogs such as this one and my History Nut of Missouri blog (I update them as needed). I also periodically send an email newsletter to interested relatives who are genealogy nuts as well. 😊💁


* * * * * * * * * * 
✅ 2020 = ROUTINES
While I do genealogy most every day, I need to be better at reading those books on my pile. I need to make an appointment with myself and READ! 


I've made a Google Library filled with books I have read and want to read. I need to make a list of books that I need to read from my personal library and add their titles to my google library. And as I finish them, as a person with ADD, I know I will get great satisfaction in checking them off the list. 

I also need to visit the local courthouses, historical sites or societies, libraries, and museums that might have some information about my ancestors. Need to get with hubby and map out plans to do so and put it on the calendar. Time's a wasting! 😄


New Year's Resolutions by Dolores J. Rush, updated 1/1/2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome family related questions, comments, and additional information about this post and we will try to answer your questions in a timely fashion. Thanks for stopping by!