Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

2011 Rush Reunion Was a Great Success


We just arrived back in town from the 2011 Rush reunion. Quite a few people there and several that haven’t attended for some time. Heard there were quite a few at the pool party and it was loads of fun! David and I had a little running around to do and didn’t make it this time, but perhaps next year!
It looked as though we had some newly built picnic tables with stained wood at the shelter, so that was a welcome sight! A bunch of boys were playing basketball down at the other end of the park when we arrived. I noticed there was a under-used skateboard park and an empty softball diamond there too, but the playground equipment was crawling with little bodies having bunches of fun! And there was a bike or two roaming around!
Sorry about the water balloon fight. Didn’t know that the water faucet was turned off! Hey, if you have an idea for a game for the young people, get it up. Don’t wait on the old fogies, like me, to get something started! I got a pain shot for that herniated disc in my back before I went and part of our running around was trying to find me a comfortable lawn chair to sit in. Finally found a large one at the Bass Pro Shop!
There are some wonderful cooks in the Rush family! We had some lip-smacking goodies to eat and if you didn’t get to attend, you missed out! I also want to thank those of you who donated monies to help defray the cost of stationery and postage. I sent out 104 invitations this year. We usually have one or two returned every year “address unknown,” so I have a few names on the list with no current address. If you know of any people who might have come and didn’t get sent an invitation or have passed away, please email us at rushnews dot info at yahoo dot com to let us know. The last two years, I’ve been sending out a Rush Reunion Directory Questionnaire in each letter. Some of you have returned them and some of you haven’t. If you haven’t, please return them. It would be ever so helpful to make sure I have your correct address and family information. Also, if your children/descendants are adults living on their own, please send their addresses so I can add them to the list too!
This year, David was a little under the weather and we didn’t get our table set up as usual over in the corner of the shelter, but he was there with his laptop and family photo albums. I believe the albums did get passed around.
After the reunion, a bunch of us piled into cars and rode down to Pirates Cove Miniature Golfing in Osage Beach, MO on 54 Hwy across from Ozark Maid Candy store. How do you like that new section of the highway? Lily (our chihuahua) and I set up our cheering section behind the golf park fence directly in front of the cooling waters of the waterfall feature. Miniature golfing is one of those fun things I have had to set aside and learn to live without – no repetitive twisting motions at the waist, but it doesn’t mean I can’t go and cheer on someone else!
Sunday morning we attended church at Eldon Church of the Nazarene. I saw quite a few of the Rush family there! Very good sermon on family! Isn’t it amazing how timely God is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome family related questions, comments, and additional information about this post and we will try to answer your questions in a timely fashion. Thanks for stopping by!